Meeting and Event Spaces
Meeting Rooms w/ Restaurant Facilities in Chanute:
- Dalton’s Back 9 Bar & Grill at Stone Creek Golf Course (formerly Chanute Country Club) – Has a large meeting room, a medium size room, a smaller room off the bar area. Handicap Accessible. Catering available. 511 S. Country Club Road, 620-433-5665 Contact: Michael or Haley Dalton
- Opie’s – Has several rooms that can be blocked off. Handicap Accessible. Catering available.122 E. Main, 620-431-0686 Contact: Nobby (owner) and other staff is knowledgeable.
- PlayMakers (Sports Bar & Grill) – Large event center available for rental. Handicap Accessible. Catering available. 221 E. Main, 620-431-7733 Contact: Melissa Bartholomew or Mallory Guiot
Catering in Chanute:
- C&S Traveling Kitchen – 620-717-3360 Contact: Shane Peters C&S also has a meeting area that will seat up to 49 people – The Gathering Place, 33 W. Main. Available evenings & weekends.
- Great Western Dining (has the college dining contract but also does catering) 620-431-2820 ext. 248 Contact: Brad Lewis
Restaurants that also do catering:
- Dalton’s (full menu) – 620-433-5665
- Opie’s (pizza, Italian, fried chicken) – 620-431-4175
- PlayMakers (full menu) – 620-431-7733
- The Red Pepper Mexican Restaurant (Mexican) – 620-431-4817
Other businesses for large scale food orders:
- Casey’s (sandwiches, salads, pizza, breakfast pizza, pastries, donuts, sandwich trays) – 620-431-0087
- G&W Foods (fried chicken, meat & cheese trays) – 620-431-6287
- Subway (sandwiches, sandwich trays) – 620-431-4410
- Wal-Mart (deli trays) – 620-431-3700
Meeting Rooms in Chanute:
- Central Park Pavilion, 101 S. Forest – This is a city-owned property that holds up to 299. It has kitchen facilities. No alcohol allowed without prior city commission approval. Handicap Accessible.
- Main Street Pavilion (open air space in downtown Chanute) and other park spaces can be reserved through the City. 620-431-5200 Contact: City of Chanute for both of the above.
- Alliance Room in the Memorial Building in downtown Chanute (101 S. Lincoln). It has a refrigerator, sink and china available. Seats up to 50 people. No alcohol allowed. Handicap Accessible. 620-431-5229 Contact: City of Chanute, Ruth Ports
- Chanute Art Gallery Space available inside the gallery for seated dinners for small groups or larger groups for receptions. Patio area available also. Catering is done by the gallery volunteers to assist with gallery funding. Outside catering allowed. Handicap Accessible. 17 N. Lincoln, 620-431-7807
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Has a small conference room for approximately 12 – 15 and a larger meeting room for up to 75 depending upon room set up. 3401 N. Blue Comet Drive, 620-431-0817 Contact: Bill Wixon, manager
- Knights of Columbus Hall Owned by the Knights (St. Patrick Catholic Church). Has a kitchen facility. Handicap Accessible. 325 W. 21st Contact: Max at 620-212-2597
- Lil’ Toledo Lodge & Event Center Hunting lodge with a large meeting room and several smaller rooms. Overlooks lake. Catering available. Seats 200. Sound system. Overnight lodging. Handicap Accessible. Southeast of Chanute approximately 5 miles. Contact: Holly Rickner at 620-244-5668
- Lucius Landing Privately owned refurbished venue in a former large greenhouse space. Available for weddings and events. East of Chanute on paved road approximately 3 miles. Contact: Chris or Elizabeth Wehlage at 785-766-8731
- Masonic Hall Large facility that has a kitchen. Seats up to 250. Handicap Accessible. 102 N. Highland Contact: Gene Brooks at 620-433-7017
- Midwest Fertilizer – Chanute Agronomy Center Can accommodate up to 200. Can be two smaller spaces. Kitchen facility available. No alcohol allowed. Handicap Accessible. 3030 S. Santa Fe Contact: Sharon Adams at 620-839-5251
- Neosho County Community College (NCCC) (No Outside Groups at this time due to COVID) Has various size rooms available. Catering can be provided by Great Western Dining or attendees can utilize the cafeteria. No alcohol allowed without prior board of trustees approval. Handicap Accessible. 800 W. 14th Contact: Angela Rowan to reserve space at 620-431-2820, ext. 211
- New Chicago Room Meeting room with approximately 100 capacity in downtown Chanute. Has a bar area but no kitchen facilities. 6 E. Main Contact: Sharon at 620-431-0757
- Summit Hill Gardens Privately owned refurbished barn south of Chanute available for weddings and events. Guest cottage available also. South of Chanute approximately 3 miles. Contact: Patsy Smeed at 620-212-3878
- The Gathering Place Meeting facility operated by C&S Traveling Kitchen. Renovated storefront in downtown Chanute. Seats approximately 40 – 49. Must have 12 for catering use of the facility. Handicap Accessible. Available evenings and weekends. 33 W. Main, 620-433-4085 Contact: Shane Peters
- The Rusty Nail Barn Privately owned refurbished barn and grounds northeast of Chanute available for weddings and events. East of Chanute approximately 5 miles. Contact: Larry or Janet Holman at 620-433-0330 or 620-431-8034
- The Venue on Main Renovated historic building in downtown Chanute. Seats 299. Handicap Accessible. Has a bar area but no kitchen facilities. 29 W. Main, 620-212-4376 Contact: Garrett Sharp
- Tioga Hotel Has three meeting rooms. One seats 25, one seats 80 and one seats 100. No restaurant on site at this time. Handicap Accessible. 12 E. Main, 620-431-3343 Contact: Manager
The following churches and organizations have meeting rooms, some with kitchen facilities. Alcohol policies vary. Rental fee may be required at some facilities.
- First Baptist Church – Good News Center* Contact: 620-431-2910
- First United Methodist Church* Contact: 620-431-4240
- St. Patrick Catholic Church* Contact: 431-3165
- Zion Lutheran Church* Contact: 620-431-1341
- American Legion* 620-431-2960
- FireEscape Coffeehouse (no alcohol allowed) 620-431-5815
- Elks Lodge* (meeting room and Elks Lake) 620-431-2580
- VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars)* 620-431-9714 (possibly closed at this time)
- Chanute Recreation Commission 620-431-4199
This information is provided as a service only by the Chanute Area Chamber of Commerce & Office of Tourism.
The Chamber accepts no responsibility for arrangements made with facilities, restaurants or caterers or if information has changed since this information was provided. 3/15/2021